Mike Harsh On the Life Left in Windows Forms (Lots!)
Mike Harsh, a PM on the Windows Forms team, gives his opinion on several important Windows Forms and Avalon-related questions:
- Is [Windows Forms 2.0 as the last version of Windows Forms] a bad thing from a developer perspective?
- So UI library innovation for Windows Forms is finished. Does that make it dead? (no)
- Is it worth investing in Windows Forms? (yes)
- Will Windows Forms apps be able to integrate Longhorn controls in under 5 lines of code? (absolutely)
- If I invest in a large Windows Forms app today will I have to rewrite it in 3 years for Avalon?
These are Mike’s opinions and not official Microsoft messaging, but I’ll leave you to decide whether that’s worse or better. : )