Jason Olson’s Microsoft Interview Advice
Jason Olson recently interviewed for an SDE/T position (Software Development Engineer in Test) at Microsoft and although he didn’t get it, he provides the following words of advice for folks about to interview for the first time:
- Just Do It
- Remember, no matter how much you might know your interviewer, it is important to not forget that it is still in interview
- Pseudocode! Pseudocode! Pseudocode!
- But, as long as you verbalize what you’re thinking you should be in pretty good shape
- Bring an energy bar or something to snack on between breaks in order to keep your energy level up
- [B]ring a bottle of water and keep it filled up
- A lunch interview is still an interview!
- Know the position you’re interviewing for [ed: unless you’re interviewing for an editing position, in which case you should know the position for which you’re interviewing]
- Your interview day is not only your opportunity to be interviewed, but also your opportunity to interview the team/company
You can read the full story on his web site.