sellsbrothers.com needs an intern!
I am completely swamped this year and sellsbrothers.com needs a serious upgrade, so, I’m looking for one or more interns interested in the following work:
- rebuilding sellsbrothers.com from scratch in ASP.NET 2.0 and either Community Server or dasBlog
- real-world requirements like porting the existing content and keeping existing links working, even embedded <a name> links
- real-world working conditions (like this is the entire spec of the site reimplementation)
- working with a graphics artist to implement a new site design (I like Ed’s site)
- experimenting with ways to close the gap on RSS comments based on work already done with the wfw:commentRss standard
- hands-on mentoring from an experienced member of the Windows developer community (aka I promise to complain loud and long if you build stuff I don’t like… : )
- exposing the complete content of the site for consumption by other web sites and smart clients
- hosting MSDN content in the site’s chrome
- no money, but you do get to brag about reimplementing one of the web’s most popular one-person developer-centric sites, serving almost 1M unique visitors/month
- integrating existing features, like the Windows Forms FAQ and the Wahoo! check for the .NET Framework
- free access to the new site for life for you and your ancestors (and let me throw in 256 free GUIDs while I’m at it… : )
- integrating ads into the overall design
- btw, did I mention there’s no money?
If you’re interested, drop me a line (I’m sure I’ll be flooded… : ).