.NET Framework 3.0 (aka WinFX) Has Shipped!
After a monumental amount of work, the .NET Framework 3.0 has been completed! It ships out of the box in Vista, but for down level clients (Windows XP and Windows Server 2003) and developer tools, see the links below:
- Microsoft .NET 3.0 Framework Release Notes
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package (for XP and 2003)
- Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows Vista and .NET Framework 3.0 Runtime Components in ISO Install and Web Install formats (with it’s own set of Release Notes)
- Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0, both for WF and for WCF/WPF (WCF/WPF extensions are the November 2006 CTP — there are more to come)
- WCF/WPF/WF Cross-Technology Integration Samples (I admit I’m biased here to point out the parts of .NET 3.0 that I worked on : )