practical topics for web services zealots
Sessions on CD
materials for both the DevCon West and the DevCon East are available
on CD, including the slides, several whitepapers and a video
interview between Don Box and Chris Sells.
See you next time!
This wraps up another successful DevCon. I'd like to thank the
speakers and the attendees for making another great show. I hope to
do another real soon. Thanks for coming!
"The sessions were of the same top notch quality as the previous
"Web Services DevCon really rocked!!"
"The DevCon was a great conference. The speakers were top notch,
interesting, and dynamic. It was truly a life-changing experience for
"Content, content, content! Count on me for next year's DevCon."
"This conference was easily the best one I attended in a long time"
Alexis Smirnov: "This conference blew me away. It was at once
exciting and humbling to spend two full days in the company of real
experts. The energy in the room was truly amazing – there was zero
marketing bs, no Java-vs-CLR religion, the audience was engaged in
every talk, complementing it with questions and comments."
- The level of speakers at this conference is so much higher than
any other I have ever attended, [that] Chris & Tim should invent a new word
for the event
- This was [an] interesting conference. Great job! Will come back!
- What was most interesting was hearing where [the] best thinkers at
major vendors and standards organizations are headed
- Great conference. Being involved in the grind of day to day
business, it's good to be able to just think about the big picture for
two days. Thanks
- Even better than the first one! Perhaps my most peak conference
- This conference absolutely rocked
- Great content. Obviously, this is the conference for this
stuff. Good number of WS big wheels speaking
- I liked the real-world sessions that discussed practical
implementations of web services
- When is the next one? Sign me up!
- Good job! Do it again! The best mix of speakers and topics I have
seen in a long time
- Great conference. First time I sat through all (OK, almost all : )
- Fantastic. Most useful conference in last two years!
- This conference was great! It was reaffirming to hear industry
experts validating the work I've been doing while providing insight +
direction in some new areas. Keep 'em coming!
- Although I am new to web service[s], I can safely say that I am
leaving with a wealth of knowledge in a two day period that only years
of exposure can provide. I look forward to attending the next one
About Keynote, Sam Ruby
- Sam is the center of interop and he reminded us why with this talk
- Sam Ruby is an authority in all things web service and this talk
re-enforced that. He fundamentally changed the way I look at SOAP
- Sam's talk was a great intro + foundation. It validated that
[this] conference was the right choice for me
About Designing a RESTful SOAP API, Peter Drayton
- Peter is an excellent speaker. With a controversial topic, Peter
did a great job of presenting both sides of the argument fairly
- Peter gave a great perspective on all-important architecture
issues AND offered some great guidelines to follow
- Highly interesting subject which was well presented
About When Web Services Go Bad, Steve Loughran
- Steve is a great presenter and making us all aware that WS are
more than just code is great stuff
- My favorite speaker so far. Great real-world example
- The speaker did [an] exceptional job
- Lots of practical guidelines from someone who learned it the hard
About W3C XML Schema, Noah Mendelsohn
- Definitive talk on schema. Brilliant!
- I want to get a job where I will be paid to do W3C
- Very interesting!! Excellent speaker
- Noah [is] clearly one of the greatest minds in [the] XML community
- I want to be Noah when I grow up [ed: me, too]
About Using Inheritance in a Web Services, Scott Seely
- Scott did examples that I have never seen anyone else do
- Wow! How did you manage to get Scott? Very practical and cool
- Scott's presentation was quite interesting with lots of real world
application for me
About Web Services in the Doctor's Office, Dr. Aleksey Nudelman
- Very useful and practical talk
- Interesting perspective from this legacy application world
About .NET, XSLT, and Web Services, Christopher Dix
- This talk rocked!
- Not sure if I should be horrified or impressed with the work Chris
- What a freak! I know XSLT could do some great stuff, but this? I
never thought this would be so doable
- Great presentation of an alternate approach offered new insight
About Types and Semantics In a Web Service Universe, Don Box
- As usual, everything Don presents makes me think in new ways
- Don. 'nuff said
- Don has inspired me to come out of the emacs closet
- He's great!
- Very engaging
About The Right Way to Build Web Services, Yasser Shohoud
- Great talk. Whose going to start a petition for a WSDL editor in
- Yassar did an excellent job of showing how to do web services
- This talk got me thinking. It's a great way, and I agree the right
way, to build web services
- Eye opener. Redefined our thoughts
- One of the most important talks at this conference
- The next time I find myself in the deep end of the WSDL pool, I'll
be sure to call Yasser
- Just an awesome job!
- Nice to see how to make "clean" SOAP
- Right on!
About Web Services Diagnostics, David Seidel & Mark Ericson
- The speakers were superb. They could have presented just their
tool but they fairly showed all the tools they knew. And their tool
- It was great to see [a] tool vendor not trying to push their own
tools, but rather help people with choosing tools
- An interesting project and a useful overview of diagnostic
About Building Web Services Using System.XML, Tim Ewald
- I definitely did NOT want Tim's talk to end
- Geez, Tim is good! Funny, interesting, thought-provoking. He's a
- Interesting view on how XML [to] object mapping loses the ability
to use keen XML languages/tools
- Excellent! This is exactly the kind of information I was looking
About Network Infrastructure Requirements for Web Services, Eugene
- Very timely talk -- this what makes a conference like this
- Good coverage of a topic I haven't thought about
- Eugene scared the living XML out of me
- Absolutely critical talk
About Web Service Security Support in .NET, Keith Ballinger
- My favorite talk of the session! I finally understand some of
- Good intro to the WSDK
About The Web Services X-Files: Tales from the Labs, Clemens Vasters
- Wicked cool
- Best talk of the conference. Awesome technology
- Wow! This stuff rocks! Unbelievable!
- Great presentation. No. 1 amongst all
- Amazing. Just amazing
- Wow. Great session
About What Web Services Needs to Know About PKI, Rich Salz
- Nice overview. Good way to end the conference
- Really good talk
- Rich is great!
This site, and all its contents, are copyright © 2001-2002, Chris
Sells and Tim Ewald. All rights reserved. Please contact
email@example.com with any comments or suggestions.